ORP Urges US House of Representatives to Defund Obamacare 09-19-13
OREGON REPUBLICAN PARTY
OFFICIAL NEWS RELEASE
September 18, 2013
Oregon Republican Party Urges the United States House of Representatives to Exercise its Constitutional Authority to Immediately and Completely Defund Obamacare
Our nation, our people, our doctors, and our entire medical industry are seriously threatened by the misguided program known as Obamacare. With our political institutions divided by special interests, our nation’s last line of defense is the Constitutional authority granted to the House of Representatives to control our national expenditures.
We call upon all Republican Congressional Representatives and all Democrat Congressional Representatives, who are concerned about truly representing their constituents, to use their authority to stop Obamacare by withholding funding of the program.
We find overwhelming opposition to Obamacare among the members of our Party. Individual Republicans in Oregon raise many different points in opposition. Most of us, however, agree in our conclusion that Obamacare should be immediately defunded.
Some of the points expressed by individual members of the ORP regarding Obamacare are:
1. Media reports strongly indicate that Oregon's healthcare exchanges will not be ready by the October 1, 2013 deadline.
2. The 2010 Tea Party Wave gave the Republican Party a sustained majority in the US House of Representatives.
3. Voters trusted these representatives to fulfill their promises to do everything they could to stop the government takeover of the private healthcare industry.
4. The Obama administration has granted waivers of the unworkable requirements of the Affordable Care Act to their political cronies, leaving most hardworking Americans out in the cold.
5. The Republican Party and its representatives have offered many free market based solutions to solve the crisis of skyrocketing healthcare costs which President Obama refused to consider.
6. Recent polling shows that Americans disapprove of the “Affordable Care Act” by as much as a 2-1 margin, and polls have consistently shown, since it was passed, that Americans want the law repealed.
7. Most recent polling shows that the American public approves of the plan to defund Obamacare, even if it means a partial shutdown of the federal government.
8. Government should stay out of the private medical affairs, other personal affairs, and bedrooms of all Americans.
The officers of the Oregon Republican Party,
Art Robinson, Chair
Bill Currier, Vice Chair
Chris Barreto, Secretary
Ken Taylor, Treasurer
Donna Cain, National Committeewoman
Solomon Yue, National Committeeman
Respond with comments to firstname.lastname@example.org